Dynamic Gas Blending
Dynamic Gas Blending technology is a proprietary Caterpillar dual fuel technology that uses existing gas engine hardware to allow Caterpillar diesel engines to burn natural gas. Caterpillar engines fitted with this DGB technology:
- Reduce fuel costs by replacing up to 70 percent of diesel with gas
- Continuously adjust to changes in fuel quality and pressure for maximum performance
- Are available today for the oil & gas market, and coming soon to others.
High Pressure Direct Injection (HPDI)
HPDI introduces natural gas directly into the combustion chamber of the engine and utilizes a small amount of diesel as the ignition source. HPDI technology:
- Replaces significantly more diesel fuel than DGB technology with lower cost natural gas while maintaining diesel engine performance and transient response
- Will be first available in mining trucks and locomotives
- Meets Tier 4 off-highway and rail standards using less aftertreatment emissions technology.